Video: Black Panther, Jay-Z CNN Interview and the Wakandazation of Black Wealth
Topics of Discussion
1) Is Black Panther playing to a romanticized view of Africa, or is it just showing African Americans in a better light? Is Black Panther the economic wet dream of white creators of a underdevoped mismanaged empire? Wiki “The Black Panther's name predates the October 1966 founding of the Black Panther Party, though not the black panther logo of the party's predecessor, the Lowndes County Freedom Organization” Tried to Distance themselves from Black Panther name in a comic book by changing character name to Tchalla
2) Do we need to pay attention to the original creator of the Black Panther character a white man named Jack Kirby who says he he was just drawing âœï¸ “a black” because he hadn’t before?
3) Does it matter that much of the cast is not African American in the film? Most are Nigerian American which isn’t the same. "Something like Marvel has a way of really affecting popular culture, and to have that popular culture informed with things that are of African origin and people knowing they are of African origin ... is powerful," Nyong'o, What if this comes at the cost of people not understanding they are of African American Orgin and The Color of Law How is that good? Character name reated after a Political group founded in the black belt of Alabama. A place the UN visited and said was the worst in the first world, birthed a fictional trillion dollar African character.
4) Black Panther is the richest Super Hero ever, is there a danger in portraying a place like Wakanda to white and black America when in reality Black America is largely a group that has been locked out of wealth? If Black Americans don’t have millionaires and is constructed of largely the working poor, why is a cultural ego boost that a fictional African character is worth a trillion dollars? See Books Color of Law, Half Has Never Been Told “Without the Family Car Black Wealth Barely Exist” There is a similarly daunting gap between black families at the 99th percentile and their white counterparts. The 99th percentile black family is worth a mere $1,574,000 while the 99th percentile white family is worth over 12 million dollars. This means over 870,000 white families have a net worth above 12 million dollars, while, out of the 20 million black families in America, fewer than 380,000 are even worth a single million dollars. By comparison, over 13 million of the total 85 million white families are millionaires or better. Land Who Owns Almost All America’s Land? Inequality.org African Americans, despite making up 13 percent of the population, own less than 1 percent of rural land in the country. The combined value of this land: $ 14 billion. White Americans, by comparison, own more than 98 percent of U.S. land amounting to 856 million acres with a total worth of over $1 trillion.
5) Did Jay Z and Van Jones CNN Interview Fail Black America? Blue Ivy as President, Talking it out with Sterling and Response to Trumps Boosted Employement Data “Its not about Money”
By Attorney Antonio Moore